The PopsyCakes Company was founded by Jessica Cervantes when she decided to create an innovative cupcake on an edible stick in 2006 at the age of 16. Ever since her grandmother taught her how to bake, Jessica has loved measuring and tasting different ingredients - and mixing them up to see how her culinary creations would turn out. But it wasn't until Jessica became a part of the International Business and Finance Academy at John A. Ferguson Senior High school, that baking and business came together in a brand new recipe for success.
The budding baker/entrepreneur, who immigrated to the U.S. from Cuba as a child, competed against 25,000 business students across the country and won first place in the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE.com) National business plan, a competition which was held on October 23, 2008 in New York City. Her innovative creation has caused a great buzz across the United States.
Jessica is now a student at the Honors College of Miami Dade College, managing both her business and studies. She is currently majoring in Biomedical Engineering. She has hired a management team to continue to grow the company, and 5% of our profits are donated to NFTE so other students can get the same support that Jessica received.
PopsyCakes is pleased to be working with a variety of world class organizations to bring our delicious treats to you, our valued consumer.
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
Your purchase of PopsyCakes helps support young people in low-income areas to succeed in school and in life through coaching from the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, a non-profit organization helping tomorrow’s business leaders. PopsyCakes founder, Jessica, launched PopsyCakes nationally through NFTE's support and has inspired young people around the country to pursue their own dreams. We donate 5% of our profits to NFTE.
Collaborative New Ventures
We would like to recognize that one of our strategic investors is Collaborative New Ventures. CNV is a pooled investment partnership firm focused on helping entrepreneurs turn their ideas into a reality through the deployment of their strategic resources.
So Sweet It Is and Two Fat Cookies
So Sweet It Is Inc. and Two Fat Cookies LLC, Our Operating Partners, are the formidable duo of "So Sweet It Is" Confections and Two Fat Cookies Bakery, both located in Boca Raton, Florida. Between the two companies, we have over 50 years of combined experience in bringing delicious treats into the world with fine chocolates and baked goods.
STORES SELLING POPSYCAKES IN THE LOCAL MARKET
Miami Dade County, Florida
- Miami Airport - Find us next to Gate 10 in Terminal D at the recently renovated Miami International Airport.
- Four Seasons Hotel - Served proudly in the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami (Brickell Ave) in Wee-Bag-It.
- Vizcaya Museum - Like the fine art at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Coral Gables, PopsyCakes make for a fine treat. Buy them at the café.
- Park Central Cafe - Come in to this great South Beach restaurant and order a PopsyCake ocean side…with or without ice cream.
- Gardener’s Markets - Get Popsycakes at one of the best gourmet markets in the state. (South Miami, Pine Crest, Coconut Grove)
Broward County, Florida
- Kabooms - Let your children go crazy for us inside Kabooms Amusement and Party Center in Davie.
- Ciao Pasta & Grill - Visit the friendly staff at Ciao Pasta and Grill at 1536 E. Commercial Blvd, near downtown Ft, Lauderdale, and buy our yummy cupcake on a pretzel.
- Flamingo Road Farmers Market - Take a break and wander the beautiful gardens at Flamingo Road Nursery in Davie. Then eat the most delicious cakepops around (our PopsyCakes of course!) inside the gourmet farmers market.
Palm Beach County, Florida
- Theo’s Café & Gifts - Having a weekend or evening of fun in Delray Beach? Find us on Atlantic Avenue inside Theo's Café and Gifts at 111 E. Atlantic Ave., next to Sazio’s.
- So Sweet It Is - Stop by and watch PopsyCakes being made at So Sweet It Is at 500 N.E. Spanish River Blvd. Suite #22, Boca Raton, behind the Canton Gardens restaurant.
- Bender’s Farm Fresh Market - Come enjoy fresh locally grown produce and a locally baked confection—PopsyCakes!
- Postal Sweets - Find Popsycakes on the east side of Boca for gifts and goodies including our yummy treats.
- In Good Taste - Enjoy Popsycakes on the west side of Boca along with some gift shopping.
FOR YOUR CATERING NEEDS:
When you are ready to plan that big birthday bash or your wedding, either of these two world class catering companies proudly serve our PopsyCakes for the main cake event, a party favor, or just as a whimsical dessert:
2167 S. Bayshore Drive
Coconut Grove, FL 33133
A Joy Wallace Catering
8501 SW 129th Terrace
Miami, FL 33156